Monday, November 15, 2010

How I spent my Arafah

This year was my first Arafah fast, alhamdulillah. The reason being it my first was because I was recently introduced to its utmost beauty. Immediately I realized what a major loss I had incurred having missed out on all the previous days of Arafaah in my life! This is an ultimate bonus deal where you get cleansed off your sins of the previous year and the next - pure delight for any Believer right? 


The 9th of Dhul Hijjah or the Day of Arafah is one of the great days mentioned in the Holy Quran. Allah (swt) descends to the nearest heaven to answer the pleas for repentance and to reward the ones who observe prayers, fasts, or dhikr. How could I have missed out? 

This morning I woke up for my Suhoor along with my siblings, alhamdulillah. They too have been blessed with the conscience to be young devotees of Allah (swt). My stomach acid had caused me to miss out the previous Dhul Hijjah fasts, so I made a prayer of making it through the day without any pains or burns bothering me between my prayers and dhikr. 

I usually sleep after my Fajr prayers. Today, I chose to stay awake because I wished to observe the morning Chasht prayer. Alhamdulillah, I prayed Chasht which is considered to be a sin cleanser itself! I followed on with abundant dhikr, alhamdulillah, starting with the takbeer and tahmeed and reciting surah al Fajr which holds the mention of the ten blessed nights i.e. Dhul Hijjah. I allowed my dua'as to be sincere and I sought sincere repentance of my sins. I know what have I been and what have I done. I am not very proud of it and so I needed the spill of tears there! I begged Allah (swt) to have mercy on me and not to enlist me with those whom He dislikes. I prayed to be evicted from the blaze of Hell fire and I prayed for a life of purity and piety ahead, inshAllah, ameen.

Today was a mission against Satan - the Evil Whisperer and I know that not only the pilgrims of Makkah with their pebbles but me too have owned him - humiliated his guts - BADLY! And I have a message for him tonight after concluding my day of worship with a delicious Iftaar and prayers ...

THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING! SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE GOT! I'D SHOW YOU ...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment