Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mistakes are to Learn From - On Missing Fajr


Missing my Fajr prayer this morning, going horribly wrong after a dedicated struggle, was like falling into a gutter hole while running an Olympian marathon. It was clearly Shaytan's work when I woke up at 4:30am and, in a delusional frame of mind, switched off my 5:30am alarm.

Mistakes are to learn from and a person who does not accept his or her mistakes, can never learn. I have come across several individuals who are in active denial of their mistakes. They do not grieve about what they have done wrong, but they find excuses to justify the cause of the wrong they have committed.

I do not wish to be one of those, so I acknowledge my mistakes and humiliate myself for a long time about going wrong. That's the way to do it. If I embarrass myself in front of myself, I would be more accountable for my wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment