Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ramadan Diaries: Ashra of Forgiveness, Day 11




@ssalamoalekum.
10 days have flown by and my most favorite Ashra, the Ashra of Forgiveness has begun. Last Ramadan I made the most of it alahamdulillah. It's a favorite because these are the very 10 days that would cleanse me and my soul of all that has tainted it in my past life. None of us are saints, each one has wronged somewhere or the other. Our sins may be minor or major, intentional or unintentional. But whatever they are, any one of them could become the very cause of us ending up in eternal doom. This morning, as I read the translation of the chapters of the Quran: Surah Sajdaah and Surah Luqmaan, I came across the word "eternal immortality" which refers to the life of the Hereafter. The quality of this immortality is for us to choose. We may choose to live "happily ever after" as we are so fond of saying, or be forsaken forever. I believe that if I cleanse my soul and taint it no more, I'd win eternal bliss for myself, inshAllah.  

"Syed al Istaghfaar" The master of supplications for repentance from Sahih al Bukhari




No comments:

Post a Comment