Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ramadan Rhymes: Heal Me Through


You created me from the sands of pure,
Yet gifted a heart so insecure,
And told me to keep it firm and clean,
For its corruption's Satan's favorite dream.

There's a piece of Satan inside of me,
That threats to destroy my destiny.
You asked me to fight it hard and strong,
Not to sink in diseases of the wrong.

O! My Lord! I failed to do,
The little that You asked me to.
I sank into plagues of the wrong,
I just couldn't keep strong.

But I know my good fortune, I know it well,
You're merciful beyond words can tell.
My tainted soul finds only one cure,
To repent in tears and words of pure.

The forsaken heart has lots to explain,
The fallen soul has its glory to regain.
As You open the doors of Forgiveness,
I'm ready from the depths of goodness.

Heal me through, O! Great Healer,
I'm a gone astray Believer.
Heal the wounds I afflicted
To my soul, and never reflected.

1 comment: