Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ramadan Diaries: Day 21, Laylatul Qadr




As the eve of 21st Ramadan dawned, the last 10 beautiful days announced their arrival. Yesterday night, me and my family indulged in Qayam ul Layl - the night worship stay. It's become more convenient here in the USA this year because Taraweeh  (congregational night prayers) get over at about midnight and we have 3 hours until we start Seher (pre-fast meal).
I put up 2 Laylatul Qadr entries yesterday as I performed my prayers. The first is the Tafsir of Surah al Qadr and the next is a dua'a (invocation) that was prescribed to Bibi Aishah (radhi allahu anha) by Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him and his progeny) for the night of Qadr.
I had a wonderful night and inshAllah we'd be commemorating Qayam ul Layl again on the eves of the 23rd, 25th, 27th, and the 29th of Ramadan. As I do, I'd put up more dua'as and gems from the Quran and also about the virtues of Laylatul Qadr.   

No comments:

Post a Comment